17 August, 2007

I miss the "..." :(

"...", a three dot follow up, after almost every sentence had been such a part and parcel of whatever i write. It comes so spontaneously, so without thinking... see again i end up putting the three dots. It seems like a silence which can speak. A silence which speaks whats already in the writer's mind and the reader just knows it.

Recently in college, a senior who's really good at writing was reading one of my write-ups, overfilled with dots, as if most of it was was on the reader to comprehend. This great senior did a kind job of telling me that the three dot follow up isn't a good writing practice. Well, since then i've been trying my best not to use the dots but they seem to come up so often, so spontaneously, so reluctant to leave me... Each time after wriitng when i discover that again unknowingly i had filled it with dots, i would trail back, trying hard to replace every dot with a coma or a full stop or anything but whatever maybe the dots seem to look so perfect in its place, so unreplaceable! I have tried to do the same with this entry too but couldn't resist using it in two places. :(

I donno what made me write on this today...
again i use but console myself, "Its unreplacable" :p

Original Post: May, 2007

2 comments:

Panthera Tigris said...

Nicely written. The three dots that you put complete your sentence. That is why you always end up typing them.
Many people may not like this practice, but this is your writing style. Do not change because someone else tells you to. Ask yourself do you wish to keep the dots or not.

Jen..The Butterfly Effect said...

LOL.Lovely post, Poornoma :))!! So honest and innocent :D