06 January, 2008

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Holidays over. One month and 7 days to be accurate. Quite a lavish holiday i should say... and now im back in college, peacefully typing out my thoughts.

Holidays passed by so swiftly, i can hardly believe they’re over. This was the first time i didnt feel like returning to college, to experience the adventures ahead leaving back a blissful home...


I didnt do anything much though i did only things i love to... ravenous eating, shameless sleeping, reckless rambling, mindless blogging, photoshoping, endless pondering and how can i miss reading. But this time there was a difference. I didnot tear upon the library reading every book in hand, instead i just read a few classics and they were impactful. You can already guess that from the title! Lolz I experienced a state of something , im sorry i really dont have words to express it, for the second time while reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, first time was when i read To Kill A Mocking Bird. And that something just made my day!!!

Im keen in photoshop also. I remember,i learnt it through the tutorial pages just a year back, whenever i would feel bored i would go to the lan and try out stuff in it. Devoted a nice amount of time to designing, so much that every advertisement board i would pass by on the streets, the hotel menucards, sale brochures, magazine covers, all somehow arrested my attention to look through the design dimension. I was surprised to realise myself staring at the design of a menucard and not really noticing the menu itself!!!

And in the midst of everything, all the tidbits of my ‘holiday life’ where blogging occupied the maximum time, i did an ipt. Thankfully, it was a bit different from what seniors had portrayed for i actually did something. And coming back to blogging, dont ask!!! I read through a hundred blogs, arbitly left comments where ever i felt like, people might already be thinking im a lunatic. One guy had written a very short and powerful ‘about me’ in his blog- Life is too short, and im on a Ferrari. I had agreed with it that time, but now something makes me feel, that ‘time’ is on a Ferrari, and that too a Ferrari whose engine never fails!

Every day at home had been a new day, a special day, a gifted day. However, my mind was divided into two... one part of me, though a small part, wanted to return and experience the thrill and adventures of college life and the other part didnt wish to leave the esctatic state of homely pleasures. Alas! Time passes, and now im in college already! Bound to the non stop, ever lively campus life, i wonder when shall i post again!!!

Adios
Beautiful Mind

2 comments:

KC said...

nice and senti and all.... but why 'a thousand splendid suns'? closer to forty:)...

meteoraqueen said...

heyy..kite runner was just god-level..man, i was totally moved.. mid-way, i started cryin..weepin to be precise :D :D
mom n bro thought i went nuts..!!