21 September, 2007

WALK TWO MOONS

“Don’t judge a person until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.”

In the moccasins of “The clock Tower”

Tick tick tick, I go day and night, ticking away in my own rhythm, right there, up so high on the tower. Aahhh!!! there’s something really grand about my position, a large number of people actually spraining their necks to look up to me isn’t a small deal.

Seasons come, seasons go, through the rains and summer I stand there, erect at my position, generously showing time to anyone and everyone. There are times I particularly remember when time seems to fly, (I’m not joking, I’m well aware of the system running within me).

Festember- a celebration of moods, an epitome of colours is one of those times when I too sneak in the opportunity to have a bit of thrill and excitement in my otherwise so monotonous life. Festember brings with itself a tide of enthusiasm, new faces and a fresh touch of sparkle to the campus. And somewhere in the midst of the joie de vivre of the students, I too find my own happiness- proudly showing time to new faces, seeing people loitering around all confused in the campus, love birds making their most in the food stalls, the barn indefatigably hosting events endlessly from dawn to dusk, the general “NITT” bovines finding their way through the herd of people walking around...

And there I stand up so high, silently discerning the whole spirit of Festember, trying to walk two moons in every student’s moccasins when my eyes catch hold of this very new face sketching an overview of the campus where I inevitably occupy the most esteemed position. That alone makes my day!!!

2 comments:

Prashanth said...

This one is way better than the "losing my festignity" article.. great work..

KC said...

Nice one... didn't read it completely during festember... but now i did... nice one again...