09 December, 2007

Sigh!!!

Scene: 3rd day of Festember, at the PR desk

I was sitting at the pr desk, doing my usual slot. A big pile of Pirate Radio , issue 3, was lying neatly folded on the table. I was kind of disappointed seeing the huge pile lying there...

Meanwhile, a middle aged gentleman comes towards the stall asking me for all 3 PR issues... I was kinda surprised, someone actually showing interest in what we wrote and that too asking for not just one issue but all 3, that was a WOOWWW!!!! I cheerfully handed him the day 3 issue and told him we that we didn't have the day 1 and 2 issues at the moment. He looked a bit dejected and walked away.

I looked around a bit. Finally, I saw a few day 2 issues lying on a chair at some corner. I promptly picked up one and ran out, my eyes searching for the gentleman. Thankfully, i spotted him near a stall, went upto him and handed him saying, "Sorry sir, i couldn't get day 1's issue but here we have day 2." He smiled back, took it happily, and said, "Actually, im an alumni. I just wanted to keep them all with me." I just stood there. I didnt know what to say... I could clearly see in his eyes how much he wanted them and valued them. I quitely went back to the stall, lost in deep thought... how much we tried publicizing what we wrote, running behind people asking them to read when they were least bothered, leaving piles of issues outside the art exhibition, with the faint hope that someone or the other would pick it up and to the extent that i made sure everyone at the pr stall had a copy of PR... and there someone comes and asks me out of his interest and i failed to help!!!

I sat down at my place, my eyes discerning him...how well he blended with the rhapsodic crowd, though he didnt look even remotely close to the age group of the crowd!!! And why shouldn't he, isnt the spirit the same...!!!

Beautiful Mind

2 comments:

Abhishek Madan said...

hey we need you to blog for pragyan.. pragyan08.blogspot.com.
Spread this in the WC IInd year
Will give some you full access.. so that you can edit and cust.

KC said...

hmmmmm...... i remember those days...... sigh.... folding-folding-walking around badgering people-watching the issues return to the dust that it sprang from-grieving-grieving-drinking a cool blue-cad lab-a little sleep-going to the printer-hear him out for being late-coming back with the issues..... the cycle...... so much fun... i want to lose my festiginity over again....