10 June, 2008

It all started with Youth Curry!

Three months back in college, for my department's symposium, we had the popular JAM editor, Rashmi Bansal coming over as a guest speaker for infotainment. Amidst technical gyan, paper presentations, tech-quizes, robotics workshops and all other techy techy stuff, an hour on blogging by rashmi bansal sounded like a heavenly pleasure! For one, i was happy to treat my ears with something totally "non-tech" and two, i am a blog addict!
Well, i thought i was a blog addict and had the bloggers disease generally known as "blogmania" until this particular day. It was pretty disheartening by all means. After her interesting discourse, she wanted to see a few of our blogs. Many showed, she commented, questioned and was answered. I didnt intend to show mine... but thanks to the audience! Shouted Poori so loudly that i didnt have a choice but to walk up the dice and show her my fateful blog. My last post that time was, A thousand splendid suns.
"Book review is it", she asked
"Not a review, just a personal write-up.", i answered.
she scrolled a bit... i dont think she liked my blog.
Anyway, she went on, "3rd jan, 2008, your last update? you dont blog regularly?"
"I dont get time in college actually. I generally blog during holidays."
"Then what are you so busy with?", she asked with a teasing smile which almost conveyed, boyfriend, is it?
I almost wanted to blare out that it wasnt what she was thinking but one look at my HOD and i kept quite.
"College life, pretty hectic." thats all i could say.
"You know what, you dont have to blog, if you dont want to. Its totally your choice. But if you choose to blog, then you must update regularly."
I wanted to shout, "I love blogging... its just the time that i dont have and also internet!!!" But how could I with HOD sitting in the first row. So i silently walked down, but my mind was still revolting.
Till now, those words ring in my head and i feel as if someone is trying to push a dagger through my thought hub each time i recall THAT DAY. I feel helpless and hopeless! Such a thing happened today also. But today is different from other days. I had time today. So, i quitely sat down and looked through, Youth Curry (Rashmi's blog). Read articles, comments, and then the blogroll... went on and on... It was like an eye opener. I saw a variety of blogs by writers, analysts, economists, professionals and ametuers, students and elders... and a spectrum of topics so beautifully and effectively portrayed!
And finally i learnt my lesson, one thing that each of the bloggers had in common was that they updated pretty regularly. And then i realised how dumb i was to veil my discrepancies with a the most easy excuse called TIME. If all such bigshots with a high yielding career and a family life can find time to blog, then where do i stand? Oh my god!!! i dont even want to think about it.
Here are a few links to a few nice ones i visited today...
Youth Curry, http://youthcurry.blogspot.com/
The renegade of junk, http://curiousgawker.blogspot.com/
Domain Maximus, http://sidin.blogspot.com/
A time to reflect, http://www.indsight.org/blog/
and ofcourse... you can link and link and unravel a lot many purposeful insightful blogs.


6 comments:

Mottled mosaic said...

I like the bright and shiny! New look suits ur summer blogging :)

P.S. Some of us write not to blog, but to relieve our temperamental clots! 'Update' is a non-issue. Nonetheless I like parkin my ass here when I find the time! Keep it up'

KC said...

yellow is not exactly my colour, but the template is passable, to say the least....

Unknown said...

yea the whole JAM editor coming down to college during an electrical engineering symposium was awesome actually. Infact thats what started me blogging.

I actually comment here to ask how you have that blogroll on the right of your page set up?

By the way i liked your page before. It had a professional look...

meteoraqueen said...

mann..i missed it!! :( :(
should ve been der..
anywayz, yeah, just be happy that she would ve said the same thing to mine as well..

Prashant Sree said...

Its quite normal for college people to blog occasionally. After all everyone needs a brainwave to blog about something, which some hardly gets in college.

Bloggers have a more prominent commonality other than frequent updates. Its their passion to share something.

Though my views differ from this sentence " But if you choose to blog, then you must update regularly"

Needn't be necessarily true. My 2 cents.

Unknown said...

damn your blog looks really good now!! havta soup mine up after i get back to india