17 June, 2008

Cant think of a heading

Well... i really really cant think of a heading!!

So if you are expecting a quality post or anything close to it...i suggest, close this window. Because this post is going to be messy. Im just typing whatever's on my mind and thats a relieving act for me and a very dangerous one for the reader.

Well having cautioned you... even if you have started reading this entry then im sure after reading the pointlessness of the first para, you could have made a decision to go ahead reading or not.

Okay! so back to my pointless point, my mind is swarming with stuff to pen on and its all a big mess in my head, hence this post :D Im just not able to arrange all my thoughts to make perfect sense, so i decided to give up thinking and start typing... and that really feels a hell lot easier !

I went for a long evening walk today, after ages with a close friend whom i've met after ages and i feel ecstatic! Maybe its because we could get to talk after so long, about old friends, school, teachers, writing, college... or maybe its because i finally got to go out of home today and explore our little Awali! Well, we have gone for long walks before also and each time we explore the same Awali, there's something new about it... the roads, the park are all the same but time always does its little magic!

This time I had in my mind to read th Fountainhead and was pretty disappointed when i didnt find that book in the library. Then i went in search of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and that too was unavailable! i was majorly disappointed. And as usual i filled up a request form to get The Fountainhead as soon as possible. Nevertheless, the librarian told me that it will take atleast 2 months as it has to be booked oversees. I sighed! Went back to the shelves, and as i was browsing through the books, I found In Custody by Anita Desai. Well, i remember i had filled a form for In Custody last summer. And there it was... quite many had issued it. I felt elated! Brought it home and started reading and what a bore... I never feel tired of books but i dont know what happened with that particular book... i tried reading it 3 times but couldnt proceed. It was so slow! And i cant believe that i had placed an order for that book last year! But now im happy cause im happily settled with We, The Living by Ayn Rand. I've just started reading it and it is unputdownable! Hoping to write a review soon.

Talking of something really provoking...Orkut! You will laugh im sure. Recently, i ran into a few of my long lost friends' profiles. From there profiles i couldnt make out that they used to be my friends someday! I was thoroughly awed! I sometimes wonder what time does to us... A lapse of maybe 6 or 7years changes us so completely. Recently, when one of my long lost friends told me that she got commited 3 years ago...i could only stare! Her vivid memories flashed in my mind... she was just not the type! She used to be so nonchalant each time the mere topic of "Going out" used to come up. This got me thinking whether i have changed...whether my friends would say the same thing seeing my profile... But everyone feels that only he/she hasnt changed with time... maybe even i satisfy myself with the same explanation.

And my most recent adventure...COOKING... naaahh i think it deserves an entire post!!!

Maybe this entry was really messy and pointless but i console myself saying its fine to be pointless sometimes!
Maybe i should put a fullstop now!
signing off
Beautiful Mind

12 comments:

meteoraqueen said...

book unputdownable?!! :D
:)
glad that u are enjoying hols..
btw, read fountainhead! you'll like it :)

KC said...

the monk who sold his ferrari was one huge piece of crap! my dad forced it on me, it's supposed to be full of management strategies and stuff, but it was crap to me... and why do you go for all these high funda books? read something light! i read so far a scifi novel by arthur clarke, reread three archer novels and a sheldon, and now reading an awesome autobiographical prison break account by henri charriere.. so stick to the grass roots...:)

KC said...

and ooh... read shantaram, if u haven't already... too good.

Beautiful Mind said...

@kc... u know my taste...i loovvee classics!!! Its difficult to get good modern day classics but i try to get hold of them... heard fountainhead is pretty good... lol.. try out ayn rand...she writes beautifully...we, the living is set in the civil war times and a very moving story...:)
and i just cant get myself to read sci-fi and sheldon is not in my the list!
will read shataram if u say its tooo good.

KC said...

maybe i will read fountainhead then... i saw it at the british library here, don't have a membership though, it costs about 2250 bucks a year.. maybe i'll just go sit there and read it...

Beautiful Mind said...

and to inform u sir...its a very very fat book!!!
lol...better though read We, The Living by the same author...you'll love it and its not very thick :)

el cid said...

@ KC

Dude. Ayn Rand drives people insane. (proof: this post). I read fountain head and still have the last fifty pages left. No inclination to finish it at all. Too heavy for pirates. lol

@ Poornima

Good to see you posting regularly

Panthera Tigris said...

nice read. Yes, we do change with time. The only thing which is constant is change. So no doubt you found the change a bit indigestible as you met your friends after a long time.
I hope your cooking is not as messy as this post....;-)
Enjoy the books you bought from the library

Panthera Tigris said...

Welll the books that I have read about a 100 times and still read them with the same excitment are
Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, 10 years later, 20 years after, Man in the Iron Mask, A Tale of Two Cities, Ivanhoe, Lord Chesterfield's Letters, Mahabharata, Iliad,sayings of philosophers, asterix and obelix comics, sherlock holmes, moby dick, treasure island, dr. jeckyl and mr. hyde and not to forget Book of Quotations(both serious and witty).
Recently ordered a three book set of short stories from the world. It consists of select folk stories from many different countries and a book of short stories by O'Henry

Beautiful Mind said...

@ Panthera Tigris
lol...u seem to be a big fan of alexadre dumas!! Thanks for the list...will try reading some of the classis u mentioned...and if u havent yet read...pls read to kill a mocking bird n kite runner... they re brilliant :)

meteoraqueen said...

hw did u find atlas shrugged ??

Panthera Tigris said...

Knock Knock......anybody home????