09 June, 2009

Lin- The Savior !

Nothing has ever troubled me more than my laptop! Very recently, when my laptop is out of the warranty period, and I'm away in a new new world where I know not about HP repair centres, my lappy, very artfully choosing the right moment, decides to trouble me! And that too in the most irritating way you can think of.. it shuts down every 20 mins!!!

I was thoroughly alarmed when I saw this happen a couple of times. On further investigation, I realised that it was getting very heated and every time it reached its maximum temperature limit, it started hibernating. But what alarmed me was how could the temperature shoot up so quickly. Hence, finally realising that the CPU fan was to blame for all my worries, I decided to buy a cooling fan for the laptop.

Meanwhile, my laptop created quite a scene at ISET (place im interning). Everyone seemed quite perturbed with my lappy's condition. Finally, Lin suggested the idea of using a table fan to cool it down. Well, i must agree that it did work until today. Today, my lappy went out of control...became so stubborn that it would shut down in 10 mins... Thats it, I already started imagining what was about to happen.. CRASH !!!! End of documents, gmail, skype...end of communication!!!

......not yet done imagining......

After quite a while, I got transported back to reality ! And I saw 2 or 3 people inspecting my lappy. Finally, they came to the conclusion that they'll inspect it with a thermal camera!!!! I was like WHAT??? Then Henrich seeming to be deep lost in analysis explained that he could take thermal pictures and then we would know the temperature of the processor and what to do next. I just nodded. Deep within, I was thinking, 'Maaaaaan, my lappy needs immediate cure, it cant wait for your hifi technological analysis!!!!!'

Finally, Lin stepped into the sitution and said, 'Poor, I think its very simple. For all you know, the CPU fan might have a layer of dust over it.' It did make sense to me but I wasnt ready to believe that the problem could be this SIMPLE. But decided to listen to Lin. Lin took me to the secretary and got the vacuum cleaner from the store room. He cautiously, vacuum cleaned it. And he was right. There was a whole layer of dust over it!

Finally, I turn on my lappy and it survives... without table fan.. without noise... ! And it is 5 hours now, and is still surviving.

Lin says, 'Poor, I give you a year's guarantee on that'.
I smile and reply, 'Lin, the savior!'

5 comments:

Krishna Chandran said...

if you've read shantaram, lin is the name of the protagonist, or at least his nickname. and sorry to be the one pointing it out but youve spelled perturbed wrong :)

Beautiful Mind said...

oooooopppppsssss thank u so much!!
corrected it :D

Mottled mosaic said...

Sehr tragisch und lustigish

Panthera Tigris said...

No new post for over a month. You seem to be quite busy.

Unknown said...

hi Poor, again I read your post today..we could save it...
Now you have a new laptop or still that one ? :)
yours
Lin